Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pete the Cat Day

Here is the sign welcoming the children to our room on Friday!

We all LOVE Pete the Cat!  The newest book came out this week and we voted that it is our favorite.
We had so much fun reading and singing all the Pete the Cat books.

Early Birds wearing I Love Pete hats.

Later Gators wearing I Love Pete hats!

A peek into our centers.  A huge thank you to Doodle Bug Teaching for these darling and academic centers.
 We matched sentences to shoes and wrote our favorite sentence.

Matching numbers to number words and recording.  This was a challenge.

Counting hearts and writing big numbers.

Sequencing cards to make a sentence and record.

Writing addition problems and answers.

Labeling Pete the Cat.

Hilary and Roger identifying color words.

Ian writing a sentence.

Jacob sharing his paper with number words.

Joe and Kailey working on Pete the cat sentences.

Milanni writing sentences.

Matt, Chloe and Clara labeling Pete the Cat.
We had so much fun with all of our Pete the Cat activities.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing your kids doing my Pete activities! Many thanks for sharing! I hope they are something you can do each year and enjoy!!

    Thank you again :o)
    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Doodle Bug's post! Your kiddos look like they are having a great time w/Pete! I love the idea of having a "Pete Day."
    Thanks for sharing:)
    Your newest follower,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I am your newest follower:) I teach half-day kindergarten as well so I can't wait to see how you manage your time in a half-day schedule! I think it is so cute how you call your classes early birds and later gators:)
    What I Learned in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the pattern for the Pete Hat ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Pete Cat-Hat! Do you have a template you could share? Cute ideas and activities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Pete hat! Do you have a pattern for that? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pete the Cat hat was an enlarged cat from the Doodle Bugs Pete the cat centers.
      Tonia Vento

      Delete